LANAP® Laser Dentistry
Millions of Americans are living with periodontal (gum) disease, and it’s likely that many of them don’t even realize it. If you’re avoiding treatment for the infection because you’re worried about pain in the dentist’s office, consider entrusting your smile to Dr. Gordon Davis. As a highly-trained periodontist, he offers state-of-the-art techniques for treatment that will exceed expectations, including LANAP®. LANAP is short for Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure, and this technology will eliminate gum disease precisely and comfortably. Contact Adirondack Periodontics in Plattsburgh, NY today to get started.
How Does Treatment with LANAP Work?
After our team has measured the current depths of your periodontal pockets and determined how severe the loss of attachment is, we’ll use the laser’s concentrated wavelength to eliminate harmful bacteria from the gum line and diseased tissue. The precise nature of this technology will leave healthy tissue untouched, and it may also even encourage the growth of new, healthy tissue in the treated areas.
Once Dr. Davis has completed the initial application, the laser will be passed over the treated tissue once more to sterilize the tissue and jumpstart the clotting process. The patient’s gum line should then start to rejoin to the tooth roots at a natural pace as it heals from the treatment.
What are the Benefits of LANAP Treatment?
- Less Discomfort – LANAP is so comfortable that many patients don’t even require local anesthesia during their procedure, and the need for post-operative pain medication is very rare in our office.
- Minimal Post-Operative Symptoms – Because of the laser’s ability to create clots immediately following treatment, patients should experience only a very small amount of oral bleeding and swelling.
- Faster Healing – LANAP is minimally invasive and the body should recover at an accelerated rate when compared to the use of traditional tools. In fact, most patients will be able to return immediately to their regular routine with no inconvenient downtime required!
- Little To No Gum Recession – Because LANAP is only focused on eliminating damaged tissue from the mouth, the smile’s aesthetic appearance will be maintained and any recession of the gum line will be very minimal.
- 100% Safety – LANAP is the first and only laser protocol on the market that’s been cleared by the FDA. Countless studies, both conducted here in the United States and all over the world, have confirmed its effectiveness. Its use will not negatively interfere with any medications or diseases that a patient may have.